Category: Meeting Minutes

Meeting minutes of the Greater Gladstone Civic Association (GGCA)

November 17, 2022 Meeting Minutes

November 17, 2022 Meeting Minutes

Members in attendance via Zoom as follows: Jason Harbonic, Leonard Nelson, John Innis, Alexandra Semanara, Rosemary Stewart, Nancy Jordan, Anthony Lower

Treasury Report $1,897.65

We got the waiver from Ben Houver, and told that folks from Council and Mayor, and Fire Chief plan to attend.

Need volunteers to be at Island 11/26 to setup light at 9:30-10:00

Roe, has most of lights and tables, decoration in her garage. She gave John the remote to enter.

We need 4 volunteers to decorate bushes and Santa House the tree in front of house, the hookup and that we do remember how we take down in January. Roe plans to have boxes on her porch to work.

Mailbox is being painted, but will need help bringing over to Island, also Anthony is going out of town and, Jason said he could help also. Anthony will have Santa House and may need help to bring over, may rieed power strips .

Alex to setup letters to send Santa wishes and put dates on signage for display a reminder for volunteers.

Alex to bring paper of names for setup, on front porch bins under table for breakdown and sweep area. We asked about music and pictures to be taken.

Leo suggested to send/give a Thank You note from Greater Gladstone for donations. Have either envelope or paper for addresses available.

Suggestions on who will pickup Marshall was discussed. This is still pending. Also, think about weather if we need to change date, can Marshall help.

No candles on Madison Ave, but may put up wreaths or a Santa display. Plan to have a Donation table available, and lights.

Refreshments as follows;

Have cups, tablecloths, napkins per Alex, John has 30 cup urn if this can help. Hot Chocolate/Hot Cider, cookies/snacks, Candy Cane for Santa to hand out, I have gotten some Candy Cane already.

July 28, 2022 Meeting Minutes

July 28, 2022 Meeting Minutes

Member in attendance were; Jason, Alex, Nancy

No Treasury Report, but Leo wanted to address Venmo, Pal . Leo did not make meeting.

Rosemarie said she had everything in  order but will need volunteers to scoop and setup on the Island

Jason critiqued letter from Roe to send out to neighbors and Alex is to send on Friday if possible

Alex has sodas and water from Bob’s Party to bring over. Alex to bring over signs and leave at Roe’s house, Jason stated no contact with Roe .

Still working on Tee Shirts and I voiced my opinion about leaving out GREATER GLADSTONE MANOR on shirt also as John Innis stated the importance.

This issue to be discussed at a later date. Color to be Grey/White?

Leo we will discuss how to setup Gladstone history also. TBD

August meeting TBD also. I suggested a break.

Meeting was adjournd.

Nancy Jordan

Co-Secretary

June 30, 2022 Meeting Minutes

June 30, 2022 Meeting Minutes

Meeting at the Island in Gladstone Manor on Thursday at 6:00 promptly.

Members attending Jason Harbonic, Alexandrea C, Roe Stewart. John Innis, Alma Champion, Doretta Carr

Treasury Report $1,885.44 and PayPal donations $154.45

We could not get Banner from Melissa due to being in storage. We researched and John ordered  a banner for the parade.

Alex to send out letter for participants in parade.

We are to asking for suggestions to put on Tee Shirts as soon as possible.

White/Grey or Green/White with our logo on it. Want the Lamp Post on it also.

We discusses getting “Tee Shirts” for Sale in time for “Water Ice  Social in August .

Jason to ask for waiver to use the Island since we had a big turn out last year. If we cannot get waiver we will try to have again at Roe Stewart house.

Asking for volunteers to help with Water Ice function.

We are going to have August 4 tenative date from 6:00-7:00 with 4 kinds of Water Ice. Roe to check on supplies needed.

Jason went to Lansdowne meeting on June 16 at 20th Century  on Planning and Development in neighborhood as follows;

Tot lot at McKinley, Parks and Historic areas, Dog Park questions, Better lighting have Boro Recreation and Lectures,  Parking, Bike lane and making Scottsdale partial “One Way”

Speeding was discussed and attention to improve neighborhood is coming.

Discussed Traffic light at Baltimore and Martin, John Innis spoke with a crew member at PennDot as to the timing of light at intersection into Gladstone Manor.

We thanked Alma and Doretta for coming to meeting neighbors in the Manor. 

Looking ahead, Fall meeting is to TBD .

Meeting adjourned

Nancy Jordan

Co-Secretary