Greater Gladstone Civic Association (GGCA) Meeting Minutes
Date: Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:00 PM
Location: Lansdowne Borough Hall
Welcome by the President (Melissa Englund)
Review of Minutes by the Secretary (Michelle Hiscott)
Copies of the October 28, 2010 meeting minutes were distributed.
The minutes were approved as amended.
Review of Finances (Kathy Kauffman)
Copies of the previous month’s checking account activity were distributed.
The checking account contains $2,630.34. The treasurer’s update was approved.
Business Updates and Reports
Website and domain name (Melissa Englund, Leo Nelson)
* The domain name (gladstonemanor.org) expires January 17, 2011.
* Leo Nelson contacted Chris Miller for information on the website. As of the evening’s meeting, Chris Miller had yet to reply. Michelle Hiscott will give copies of the papers given to Chris Miller (containing passwords and additional information related to the website) to Leo Nelson.
* Michelle Hiscott will renew the domain name.
* Leo Nelson will review the current Network Solutions package, consider service options, and email GGCA officers his research.
* A decision on internet server options will be made in January.
Fall membership drive (Kathy Kauffman)
* Responses have begun to be received from the 2010 membership drive.
Block captain thank you event (Gail Phillips)
* Gail and Steve Phillips will host a block captain thank you party at their home on Saturday, November 20, 2010. To date, five block captains and three GGCA officers plan to attend.
* Gail Phillips also noted that Marlyn now has a block captain.)
December events/activities (Melissa Englund)
* Tree Lighting
o New lights, new tree top snowflake (Bob Bartmann)
Bob Bartmann presented a one-page report on the purchase of new lights for the Gladstone Holiday Tree. In summary, all lights are now LED. There will be a new snowflake on the top of the tree. More lights were needed than in the past due to the brightness factor of LED lights. The cost for all new lights was under $500.
o Electricity turn-on/turn-off (Kathy Kauffman)
The electricity has been turned on at the Island. The tentative shut off date for the electricity will be January 31, 2011, but this will be revisited at the January 2011 GGCA meeting.
o Installing lights (Bob Bartmann)
The lights will be installed with the assistance of the Lansdowne Fire Company next week.
o Santa’s arrival (Melissa Englund)
Bob Bartmann will play Santa Claus.
o Refreshments (Michelle Hiscott)
o Glow bracelets (Melissa Englund)
o Lighting the tree (Melissa Englund)
Dawn Haussler will turn on the lights.
o Event set-up/clean-up (Melissa Englund)
Event set-up will begin at 4:00 PM. Volunteers for set-up to date include Melissa Englund, Julia Hartnett, Michelle Hiscott, and Betty Bartmann.
o Santa’s mailbox (Melissa Englund)
o Kathy Kauffman will invite Nick Micozzie. Melissa Englund will invite Mayor Jayne Young and the Lansdowne Borough Council.
o The timeline for the lighting will be as follows: 4:30: start; 4:45: Santa arrives; 5:00 lighting.
* Luminaries (Michelle Hiscott)
* Mansfield Brass and Caroling (Michelle Hiscott)
Next Meeting: Thursday, January 27, 2011